Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Senate Election: Joint Faculties


Update, Nov. 11, 2019. I have been acclaimed to a position on the UBC-V Senate.
---
I seek your support as a candidate to UBC's senate as a Joint Faculty representative.  I have a record of engagement in UBC issues, currently completing a term on the UBC Board of Governors. In my various roles at UBC I served for many years on my department’s undergraduate and graduate studies committees, acting as chair of our undergrad committee for several years.  I represented university residents on the University Neighbouhoods’ Association Board.  I served as a member at large of the Faculty Association executive.  Outside of UBC I was involved in local school governance, serving on local parent advisory councils and as an executive member of the Vancouver District Parents Advisory Council.

I am dedicated to working to ensure open and transparent democratic practices in the governance of our university. I would be pleased to speak with any who has questions about my candidacy. I am on twitter @charlesmenzies and I author a faculty issues blog https://charlesmenzies.blogspot.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment